Block Grant Program
Alpine Education Foundation - in partnership with Alpine Union School District - operates a block grant program each fall. Every school campus is invited to submit a competitive grant application.
The primary purpose of the Block Grant Program is to address funding deficiencies in the educational programs of Alpine’s public schools and to enrich the quality of the curriculum. The Block Grant Program should address the highest educational funding priorities as primarily identified by the individual schools in the Alpine Union School District.
This year sufficient funds were available from fund-raising and matching contributions to support every grant application submitted.
$18,860 in Block Grants were awarded to the following school campuses and programs:
- Alpine Elementary School: The Leader in Me Program
- Creekside Early learning Center: TK Flexible Seating
- Boulder Oaks Elementary School: Flexible Seating
- Boulder Oaks Elementary School: Raz Kids Online Licenses
- Shadow Hills Elementary School: Raz Kids Online Licenses
- Mountain View Learning Academy: Community Center & Garden
- American Indian Parent Committee: The American Indian Gathering
- Joan MacQueen Middle School: Special Education and Campus-wide Chromebooks